BD FACSymphony A5 is is the most advanced cell analyzer with solid state diode lasers, advanced fluorescence detection with fiber optics and optimized beam path. New digital signal processing that enables the simultaneous measurement of up to 30 different characteristics of a single cell. This high parameter flow cytometer is a powerful analytical tool that enables scientists to identify and analyze distinctive phenotypes in heterogeneous populations.
- Five air-cooled Coherent lasers at 355 nm(60mW), 405 nm(100mW), 488 nm(100mW), 561 nm(100mW) and 640 nm(140mW). Laser power can be increased for some of the lasers to improve resolution for very dim positive populations. Contact the staff to test if this is the case for your marker.
- Multicolour analysis of 30 parameters (2 scatter, 28 fluorescence).
- PC-based FACS DiVa software.
Trained users may use the Symphony without Core Facility supervision. Users may sign up on the booking website.
Training will be set up for interested users after appointment.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking for trained users at icr-booking.no.
Analysis fee (DIY):
- Helse Sør-Øst users: 250 kr/h
- Academic users outside Helse Sør-Øst: 375 kr/h
- Commercial users: 750 kr/h
Fee assistance: 500 kr/h + instrument fee
Examples of fluorochromes that can be used:
Many other reagents are utilizable on this machine. Please contact the facility staff or use one of the spectra viewers listed at our Useful links page.
For multi-parameter experiments please make sure you look at our Optimal detector Voltages and Signal Spreading matrix page.