Announcement: Nominating outstanding scientists, closing date March 1st: Excellent Researcher Award and Early Career Award 2017
Oslo University Hospital hereby announce research awards in the following two catagories for 2017:
- Excellent Researcher Award (one prize, 300.000 NOK)
- Early Career Award (two prizes of 150.000 NOK each)
The candidate must be employed by Oslo University Hospital or University of Oslo, and be a member of a research group at Oslo University Hospital/University of Oslo.
- Any field of research
- The candidate must be an active researcher, not retired, but otherwise any age
- The candidate must be employed by Oslo University Hospital or University of Oslo, and be a member of a research group at Oslo University Hospital/University of Oslo
- Significant journal articles must be credited/addressed Oslo University Hospital.
- The researcher must have further research plans at Oslo University Hospital; the prize should be used for further research at Oslo University Hospital
Excellent Researcher Award
- Recent research track-record and profile which identifies the candidate as a leader in his/her field(s) of research
Early career Award
- Maximum 8 years of experience since completion of PhD and scientific track record showing great promise (any age). Periods of maternity leave and sick leave are excluded from the 8 years restriction.
Evaluation Criteria – both awards:
- Scientific excellence, i.e: peer review evaluation of scientific quality and impact.
- Excellent researcher award: contribution to strengthening research milieus at Oslo University Hospital
Oslo University Hospital’s Scientific Advisory Board (SAB)
If the number of nominees is substantial, the Oslo University Hospital’s Research Committee will select candidates for the SAB’s final evaluation.
There are no upper limit for the number of nominations per clinic, but a minimum of two colleagues must stand behind the nomination, as pointed out in the form. Suggestions may be sent directly from those wanting to recommend colleagues. No advance process or approval from the clinics research committe is required. The head of research in the clinic will receive an overview showing the nominees from their respective clinics after the closing date.
Download nomination form (Word format)
Closing date March 1st. Submitted to: email@example.com
Previous award winners (click on year to read about award winners)