- At the Intervention Centre (IVC) at OUH Rikshospitalet: pigs in cardiac arrest induced by coronary artery occlusion (ischemic heart model) resuscitated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), exploring post ROSC heart function with and without esmolol
- At the Institute of Experimental Medical Research (IEMR) at OUH Ullevål: pigs in cardiac arrest, electrically induced (arrhytmic model) resuscitated with the traditional Heart Lung Machine (HLM), exploring cerebral perfusion and metabolism with two different mean arterial pressures/post ROSC treatment strategies; MAP 60 mmHg vs. a MAP of 90 mmHg and normocapnia vs permissive hypercapnia both studies during both normotherma and hypothermia in both a normothermic (36-37 oC) and hypothermic (33oC). In this model, we focus on post ROSC brain function, measuring cerebral blood flow, microdialysis (cerebral energy consumption and metabolism) and CO2 detection (ischemia-detection).
- The inhospital NORCAST (NORwegian CArdiac arrest trial) exploring prognostication factors among hospitalized comatose cardiac arrest patients at OUH Ullevål. The NORCAST trial is completed (n=268 patients) and we are in the final analyzing period. Several substudies related to coronary interventions, haemodynamic management, acute kidney injury and cognitive assessment in survivors have been planned, some already being published.
- A haemodynamic study in the physician staffed ambulance in Oslo, analyzing haemodynamic effects with advanced monitoring tools (invasive arterial blood pressure, end-tidal CO2, cerebral oxygen saturation with near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS)) during mechanical CPR with or without active decompression during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA).
- Newborn resuscitation project – investigating and exploring newborn resuscitation and how to further improve treatment.
- Some other cardiac arrest related projects in collaboration with the research group from Prehospital Division.
Occurrence and characteristics of pain after ICU discharge: A longitudinal study
Nurs Crit Care
Multifaceted intervention including Facebook-groups to improve guideline-adherence in ICU: A quasi-experimental interrupted time series study
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand, 65 (10), 1466-1474
Cerebral perfusion and metabolism with mean arterial pressure 90 vs. 60 mmHg in a porcine post cardiac arrest model with and without targeted temperature management
Resuscitation, 167, 251-260