- Department engineer; PhD
- 2009→ Bio-engineer. Department of Immunology, Institute of Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital
- 2007 - 2008 Post doctor (funded by JSPS, JAPAN SOCIETY FOR THE PROMOTION OF SCIENCE), Dept. of Experimental Pathology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
- 2006 -2007 Assistant professor Dept. of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
- 2004 - 2005 Post doctor Dept. of Medical Chemistry and Cell Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, Göterborg University, Göterborg, Sweden
- 1994 - 1996 Visiting Scientist. Dept. of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Institute of Biomedicine, Göterborg University, Göterborg, Sweden
- 1989 -1993 Research assistant. Dept of Biochemistry, Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Preventive medicine, Beijing, China
- 1997 - 2003 Philosophiae doctor (PhD), Dept. of Medical Chemistry and Cell Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, Göterborg University, Göterborg, Sweden
- 1985 - 1989 Bachelor of Science (BSc), Dept of Biochemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China
- Ph.D. Thesis Transcription Regulation of Epstein-Barr Virus Latent Membrane Protein 1 (LMP1) Gene in B Cells 2003 (ISBN 91-628-5748-7)
- 15 articles in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
- > 20 posters / presentations at national / international scientific conventions
- 1996-2003 Teaching assistant for Ph.D course "Molecular Biology methods in studying transcription regulation", Göterborg University, Göterborg, Sweden
2006-2007 Teacher for neuronal anatomy in Dept of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Kagawa University, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa, Japan
- Sébastien Wälchi, Geir-Åge Løset, Shraddha Kumari, Jorunn Nergård Johansen, Weiwen Yang, Inger Sandlie, Johanna Olweus A practical approach to T-cell Receptor cloning and expression PLoS ONE PONE-D-11-13484R1 10.1371/journal.pone.0027930
- Yang Weiwen, Itoh F, Ohya H, Kishimoto F, Tanaka A, Nakano N, Itoh S, Kato M. Interference of E2-2-mediated effect in endothelial cells by FAM96B through its limited expression of E2-2. Cancer Sci. 2011 Jul 1. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2011.02022.x. [Epub ahead of print]
- Muna Elmi, Yoshiki Matsumoto, Weiwen Yang, and Keiko Funa Nuclear Receptor TLX Promotes Neuronal Differentiation in Adult Hippocampus-derived Progenitor Cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010 Oct;45(2):121-31. Epub 2010 Jun 18.
- Watanabe Y, Itoh S, Goto T, Ohnishi E, Inamitsu M, Itoh F, Satoh K, Wiercinska E, Yang Weiwen, Shi L, Tanaka A, Nakano N, Mommaas AM, Shibuya H, Ten Dijke P, Kato M. TMEPAI, a transmembrane TGF-β-inducible protein, sequesters Smad proteins in TGF-β signaling. Mol Cell. 2010 Jan 15;37(1):123-34.
- Weiwen Yang, Daniel Wetterskog, Yoshiki Matsumoto, and Keiko Funa Kinetics of repression by modified p53 on the PDGF b-receptor promoter. Int J Cancer. 2008 Aug 11;123(9):2020-2030.
- Masaharu Kaneko*, Weiwen Yang*, Yoshiki Matsumoto*, Fujiko Watt, and Keiko Funa Activity of a novel PDGF beta-receptor enhancer during the cell cycle and upon differentiation of neuroblastoma. Exp Cell Res. 2006 Jul 1;312(11):2028-39. Epub 2006 Apr 19. *they contributed equally.
- Muna Elmi, Rolan Figle*, Weiwen Yang*, Erica Rosenqvist, and Keiko Funa. Mechanism of MASH1 induction by ASK1 and ATRA in adult neural progenitors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007 Oct;36(2):248-59. *they contributed equally.
- Fujiko Watt, Rie Watanable, Weiwen Yang, Yvonne Arvidsson, and Keiko Funa A novel MASH1 enhancer with N-myc and CREB-binding sites is active in neuroblastoma. Cancer Gene Ther. 2007 Mar;14(3):287-96.
- Takanori Miki, Toshifumi Yokoyama, Kazunori Sumitani, Zhi-Yu Wang, Weiwen Yang, Takashi Kusaka, Yoshiki Matsumoto, Nam-Seob Lee and Yoshiki Takeuchi The effect of prenatal X- irradiation on the developing cerebral cortex of rats. II: A quantitative assessment of glial cells in the somatosensory cortex. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2007 Aug;25(5):293-7. Epub 2007 May 17.
- Kazutoshi Fusumada, Toshifumi Yokoyama, Takanori Miki, Zhi-Yu Wang, Weiwen Yang, Nam-Seob Lee, Endo Yoko and Yoshiki Takeuchi c-Fos Expression in the Periaqueductal Gray Induced By Electrocupuncture, with Possible Reference to GABAergic Neurons in the Rat Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn. 2007 May;84(1):1-9.
- Ann Jansson, Pegal Johansson, Weiwen Yang, Lars Palmqvist, Anna Sjöblom-Hallén and Lars Rymo Role of a consensus AP-2 regulatory sequence within the Epstein - Barr virus LMP1 promoter in EBNA2 mediated transactivation. Virus Genes. 2007 Oct;35(2):203-14.
- Anna Sjöblom-Hallén, Weiwen Yang, Ann Jansson and Lars Rymo Silencing of the Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Latent Membrane Protein (LMP1) Gene by the Max/Mad1/mSin3A Modulator of Chromatin Structure Journal of Virology, 1999, 73:2983-2993.
- Anna Sjöblom, Weiwen Yang, Lars Palmqvist, Ann Jansson and Lars Rymo An ATF/CRE Element Mediates both EBNA2 Dependent and EBNA2 Independent Activation of the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 Promoter Journal of Virology, 1998,72:1365-1376
- Cuomo, L., P. Trivedi, U de Grazia, A. Calogero, M. D'Onofrio, Weiwen Yang, L. Frati, A. Faggioni, L. Rymo, G. Ragona Upregulation of Epstein-Barr Virus-Encoded Latent Membrane Protein by Human Herpesvirus 6 Superinfection of EBV-Carring Burkitt Lymphoma Cells Journal of Medical Virology, 55:219-226(1998)
- Anna Sjöblom, Ann Jansson, Weiwen Yang, Sonia Lain, Tina Nilsson and Lars Rymo PU box-binding transcription factors and a POU domain protein cooperate in the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) nuclear antigen 2-induced transactivation of the EBV latent membrane protein 1 promoter. Journal of General Virology, 1995, 76, 2679-2692
Prevalent and immunodominant CD8 T cell epitopes are conserved in SARS-CoV-2 variants
Cell Rep, 42 (1), 111995
T cells targeted to TdT kill leukemic lymphoblasts while sparing normal lymphocytes
Nat Biotechnol, 40 (4), 488-498
Anti-tumour immunity induces aberrant peptide presentation in melanoma
Nature, 590 (7845), 332-337
Induction of neoantigen-reactive T cells from healthy donors
Nat Protoc, 14 (6), 1926-1943
Intrinsic Functional Potential of NK-Cell Subsets Constrains Retargeting Driven by Chimeric Antigen Receptors
Cancer Immunol Res, 6 (4), 467-480
Targeting B-cell neoplasia with T-cell receptors recognizing a CD20-derived peptide on patient-specific HLA
Oncoimmunology, 5 (5), e1138199
Targeting of cancer neoantigens with donor-derived T cell receptor repertoires
Science, 352 (6291), 1337-41
Unpredicted phenotypes of two mutants of the TcR DMF5
J Immunol Methods, 425, 37-44
Soluble T-cell receptors produced in human cells for targeted delivery
PLoS One, 10 (4), e0119559
Alloreactive cytotoxic T cells provide means to decipher the immunopeptidome and reveal a plethora of tumor-associated self-epitopes
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 111 (1), 403-8
Invariant chain as a vehicle to load antigenic peptides on human MHC class I for cytotoxic T-cell activation
Eur J Immunol, 44 (3), 774-84
A practical approach to T-cell receptor cloning and expression
PLoS One, 6 (11), e27930