Excellent postdoctoral candidates interested in working in the Dahl group can submit the following documents:
- A concise, single-page application letter, including a summary of scientific work, future interests and motivation for applying.
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and other qualifying activity).
- List of publications. (Submitted manuscripts may also be included).
- Copies of educational certificates with grades.
- Letter of recommendation or reference letter from previous supervisors/mentors is optional, but considered an advantage.
- Contact information of three references that must include former coworkers and supervisors (name, email address, affiliation, phone number and relation to the candidate).
In order to apply, candidates should fulfill the following criteria:
A strong experimental and/or computational background (PhD or similar) is required. Previous experience with(epi)genomic experiments and/or data analysis and a thorough understanding of the relevant biology will be considered an advantage. Potential candidates have completed a PhD degree in molecular biology or biochemistry, or bioinformatics or computer science, or similar fields. Eligible candidates need to have demonstrated excellence through publications in internationally highly ranked, peer-reviewed scientific journals.
The candidate should be highly motivated and dedicated, and have a strong interest in scientific research. The candidate should be able to work both independently as well as in the context of a team, and be well organized. Good communication skills are required as the successful applicant is expected to interact closely with an interdisciplinary team of experimental biologists, computational scientists and physicians.
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are required.
- An ambitious and stimulating scientific environment with excellent opportunities for academic development.
- Top modern and excellent lab facilities with a wide range of core facilities.
- Attractive salary according to the guidelines from the Oslo University Hospital.
- Favorable pension arrangements.
- Attractive welfare arrangements, with very affordable high-quality childcare available.
- Assistance with applying for a skilled worker work permit for residents outside the EU: https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/work-immigration/skilled-workers/#link-816
Principal Investigator Dr. John Arne Dahl – email@example.com