Department of Research and Innovation
The Department of Research and Innovation consists of four different research groups:
- Musculoskeletal health (led by Kjersti Storheim)
- Headache and pain (led by Bendik Winsvold)
- Neurogenetics research group (led by Kaja Selmer)
- Research group for applied neurophysiology (led by Kristian Berhard Nilsen)
- Molecular and immunological MS studies (led by Tone Berge and Hanne Harbo)
The overarching goal of the Department of Research and Innovation is to help facilitate high quality research across the departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurohabilitation and Complex Epilepsy. We are currently working to achieve this by building a robust infrastructure that benefits all the research groups within the division, as well as the feasibility of industry-sponsored clinical trials. The department works in close collaboration with the Clinical Trail Unit at the hospital and inven2, which is the technology transfer office of Oslo University Hospital and the University of Oslo.