- Identify genetic profiles responsible for radio- and chemotherapy resistance
- Identify molecular characteristics (proteins, DNA characteristics, RNA expression patterns, miRNA patterns that increase adverse effects during and after radiation therapy.
- Elucidate the differences in biology in lung cancer between men and women.
- To validate these data by using different approaches, including comparing these with results from pre-clinical cell culture models.
- To compare these data with clinical outcome as time to progression, failure-free survival, overall survival, local relapse or distant metastasis – as well as tolerance of therapy.