The research group focuses on clinical and translational neurosurgical research within the fields of neurovascular disease and cerebrospinal fluid disorders.
- Cerebrovascular disorders. Cerebral hemodynamics including cerebral revascularization. Focus on intracranial aneurysms and subarachnoid hemorrhage, including neurointensive monitoring and outcome.
- Brain Monitoring. Intracranial pathophysiology with a strong focus on intracranial pressure and arterial blood pressure dynamics.
- Hydrocephalus. Studies focus on the pathophysiology of hydrocephalus and alterations in pressure dynamics in hydrocephalus and other brain water disorders. Translational research to study molecular-genetic mechanisms of hydrocephalus and diseases involving disorders in brain water homeostasis. Clinical studies focus on treatment and outcome of hydrocephalus.
- Chronic subdural hematomas
- Neuroinflammatory processes