- Senior Scientist; PhD
- 2007-2008: Postdoc in Tissue Engineering, Oslo University Hospital - Rikshospitalet, Norway.
- 2003-2007: PhD in Immunology, University of Oslo, Norway.
- 1997-2000: MSc in Immunology, University of Tromsø, Norway.
- 1992-1996: BSc in Immunology, University of Tromsø, Norway.
- 1979-1987: BSc in Chemistry, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
- Center for Eye Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Oslo University Hospital - Ullevål, Norway.
Aboulghassem Shahdadfar has a PhD in Regenerative Medicine. He has been working in the field of Tissue Engineering since 2007. His earlier researches have been centered on human articular cartilage and myocardial tissues. Later, he has focused on human ocular surface. Shahdadfar's main research interest is to reconstruct the human corneal endothelium.
- 2008-present: Senior Scientist, Oslo University Hospital - Ullevål, Norway.
- 2007-2008: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Oslo University Hospital - Rikshospitalet, Norway.
- 2003-2007: PhD Research Fellow, University of Oslo, Norway.
- 2001-2003: Research Assistant (Immunology-Cell Therapy), Oslo University Hospital - Rikshospitalet, Norway.
- 1999-2001: Research Assistant (Blood Bank), Tromsø University Hospital, Norway.
- 1997-1999: Research Assistant (Women Clinic), Tromsø University Hospital, Norway.
Loss of S100A14 expression at the tumor-invading front correlates with poor differentiation and worse prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma
Head Neck, 42 (8), 2088-2098
Tear Metabolomics in Dry Eye Disease: A Review
Int J Mol Sci, 20 (15)
Hyaluronan-Based Hydrogel Scaffolds for Limbal Stem Cell Transplantation: A Review
Cells, 8 (3)
A Hyaluronan Hydrogel Scaffold for Culture of Human Oral Mucosal Epithelial Cells in Limbal Stem-Cell Therapy
Bioengineering (Basel), 6 (4)
Substrates for Expansion of Corneal Endothelial Cells towards Bioengineering of Human Corneal Endothelium
J Funct Biomater, 6 (3), 917-45
Chondrogenesis in a hyaluronic acid scaffold: comparison between chondrocytes and MSC from bone marrow and adipose tissue (vol 18, pg 1407, 2010)
Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc., 22 (7), 1711-1714
Donor cornea transfer from Optisol GS to organ culture storage: a two-step procedure to increase donor tissue lifespan
Acta Ophthalmol, 91 (3), 219-25
Intramyocardial injections of human mesenchymal stem cells following acute myocardial infarction modulate scar formation and improve left ventricular function
Cell Transplant, 21 (8), 1697-709
Clinical transplantation of ex vivo expanded autologous limbal epithelial cells using a culture medium with human serum as single supplement: a retrospective case series
Acta Ophthalmol, 91 (8), 769-75
Ex vivo expanded autologous limbal epithelial cells on amniotic membrane using a culture medium with human serum as single supplement
Exp Eye Res, 97 (1), 1-9
Effect of three-dimensional culture and incubator gas concentration on phenotype and differentiation capability of human mesenchymal stem cells
J Cell Biochem, 112 (2), 684-93
Human primary articular chondrocytes, chondroblasts-like cells, and dedifferentiated chondrocytes: differences in gene, microRNA, and protein expression and phenotype
Tissue Eng Part C Methods, 17 (2), 219-27
Phenotype and gene expression of human mesenchymal stem cells in alginate scaffolds
Tissue Eng Part A, 15 (7), 1763-73
Chondrogenesis in a hyaluronic acid scaffold: comparison between chondrocytes and MSC from bone marrow and adipose tissue
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc, 18 (10), 1407-16
Genetic and epigenetic instability of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells expanded in autologous serum or fetal bovine serum
Int J Dev Biol, 52 (8), 1033-42
Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in a hyaluronan scaffold for treatment of an osteochondral defect in a rabbit model
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc, 16 (10), 896-903
Calmodulin-dependent kinase 1beta is expressed in the epiphyseal growth plate and regulates proliferation of mouse calvarial osteoblasts in vitro
Bone, 43 (4), 700-7
Persistence of collagen type II synthesis and secretion in rapidly proliferating human articular chondrocytes in vitro
Tissue Eng Part A, 14 (12), 1999-2007
Isolation of stromal stem cells from human adipose tissue
Methods Mol Biol, 325, 35-46
Isolation and transcription profiling of purified uncultured human stromal stem cells: alteration of gene expression after in vitro cell culture
Mol Biol Cell, 16 (3), 1131-41
In vitro expansion of human mesenchymal stem cells: choice of serum is a determinant of cell proliferation, differentiation, gene expression, and transcriptome stability
Stem Cells, 23 (9), 1357-66