There are 3 project groups described as follows:
- Characterization of residual, i.e., resistant tumor by broad morphological and molecular analysis of both the cancer cell population and tumor stroma
- Analysis of novel markers predictive of distant metastasis for improved patient selection for neoadjuvant treatment
2. Molecular Mechanisms of Drug Resistance
Project group leader is Paula M De Angelis.
- Characterization of DNA damage response and DNA repair pathways in colorectal cancer and ulcerative colitis
- Identification of clinically-useful biomarkers of drug response
3. Molecular and Clinical Aspects of Colorectal and Liver Tumors
Project group leader: Per Arne Andresen.
- Colorectal polyposis syndromes; APC- and MUTYH genotype-phenotype correlations in Norwegian families
- Mechanisms involved in colorectal polyp persistence and neoplastic transition. Studies on material collected from the prospectively designed NORCCAP (Norwegian Colorectal Cancer Prevention) screening study
- Primary and secondary hepatic tumors and their genomic alterations in inflammatory and non-inflammatory liver diseases (coordinated by prof. em. Eide)
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis and related liver-diseases. Pathogenesis and predisposition to malignancy (coordinated by prof. em. Eide in collaboration with the research group of Professor Tom Hemming Karlsen).