Welcome to the Gynecological Oncology Research Group
Gynecological oncology comprise the following programs:
Uterine cancer and cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, vaginal cancer and choriocarcinoma.
The programs are gathered in a complete treatment clinic, which includes surgery, chemo- hormone- and radiation therapy.
The department is a national centre of competence for gynecological oncology.
Our research focus on:
- Ovarian cancer
This project is supported by Mr. John Fredriksen and Ms. Inger Fredriksen Foundation
- Cervical cancer
- Develop our role as the strongest research milieu in the country on gyncogological oncology with an extensive international interface
- Clinical medicamental research: A number of ongoing studies, partly together with cooperative clinical study organizations like NSGO, EORTC, MRC and GCIG.
- Translation research within ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer, cervical cancer and vulva cancer. Collaboration projects with the Institute for cancer research.
- Collaboration project with the Cancer Registry of Norway : prospective quality register at ovarian cancer
- Develop ultramodern molecular biology laboratory for ovarian cancer patients
- Pre-operative molecular biological and dynamic MR report at endometrial cancer
- Oncolex: Oncolex is a reference work for oncologic health personnel where you will find background information and updated procedures in diagnostics, cancer treatment and results. Web site www.oncolex.no will provide information related to the treatment and results of cervix, endometrium, ovarium and vulva cancer
- Cytostatica manual: A comprehensive booklet with practical guidelines to all chemocourses given to gynecologic oncologic patients in Norway.
May 6, 2013
May 2, 2013
Proton magnetic resonance metabolomic characterization of ovarian serous carcinoma effusions: chemotherapy-related effects and comparison with malignant mesothelioma and breast carcinoma
Hum Pathol (in press)