Department of Acute Medicine (ACUMED)
The department of Acute Medicine focus their research around blood pressure, stress and hypoxia, clinical toxicology, acute medicine and suicidal behavior and crisis reactions in relation to injuries and diseases.
They teach students and organize continuing education courses for MDs and hospital staff.
Acute Medicine Research Group
We conduct research within clinical studies of acute poisonings, in particular regarding epidemiology, treatment, complications and prognosis.
Several cohorts from the city of Oslo are followed up to 30 years regarding mortality. In addition the group is involved in several international studies, particularly concerning methanol poisonings.
Studies of suicidal behaviour is mainly focused on acute poisonings, intervention studies and the reliability of the suicide statistics in Scandinavia.
As to psychotraumatology we mainly focus on psychosocial problems after serious accidents or illness as well as after mass disasters and terror acts.
In addition, sympathetic reactivity in relation to high blood pressure and coronary heart disease is a major focus.
- Bogstrand ST, Rossow I, Normann PT, Ekeberg Ø (2013). Studying psychoactive substance use in injured patients: does exclusion of late arriving patients bias the results? Drug Alcohol Depend, 127 (1-3), 187-92
- Gravensteen IK, Helgadóttir LB, Jacobsen EM, Rådestad I, Sandset PM, Ekeberg O (2013). Women's experiences in relation to stillbirth and risk factors for long-term post-traumatic stress symptoms: a retrospective study. BMJ Open, 3 (10), e003323
- Hassellund SS, Flaa A, Kjeldsen SE, Seljeflot I, Karlsen A, Erlund I, Rostrup M (2013). Effects of anthocyanins on cardiovascular risk factors and inflammation in pre-hypertensive men: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled crossover study. J Hum Hypertens, 27 (2), 100-6
- Krayeva YV, Brusin KM, Bushuev AV, Kondrashov DL, Sentsov VG, Hovda KE (2013). Pre-hospital management and outcome of acute poisonings by ambulances in Yekaterinburg, Russia. Clin Toxicol (Phila), 51 (8), 752-60
- Lund C, Bjornaas MA, Sandvik L, Ekeberg O, Jacobsen D, Hovda KE (2013). Five-year mortality after acute poisoning treated in ambulances, an Emergency outpatient clinic and hospitals in Oslo. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med, 21, 65 Biol Cybern, 107 (5), 513-27
- Norheim AB, Grimholt TK, Ekeberg Ø (2013). Attitudes towards suicidal behaviour in outpatient clinics among mental health professionals in Oslo. BMC Psychiatry, 13, 90
- Schou Bredal I, Kåresen R, Skaane P, Engelstad KS, Ekeberg Ø (2013). Recall mammography and psychological distress. Eur J Cancer, 49 (4), 805-11
- Dyb G, Jensen TK, Nygaard E, Ekeberg O, Diseth TH, Wentzel-Larsen T, Thoresen S. Post-traumatic stress reactions in survivors of the 2011 massacre on Utøya Island, Norway. Br J Psychiatry 2013. 1–7. doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.113.133157.
- Rossow I, Bogstrand ST, Ekeberg O, Normann PT. Associations between heavy episodic drinking and alcohol related injuries: a case control study. BMC Public Health 2013 Nov 14;13(1):1076. [Epub ahead of print].
- Bogstrand, Stig Tore; Rossow, Ingeborg; Normann, Per Trygve; Ekeberg, Øivind. Studying psychoactive substance use in injured patients: Does exclusion of late arriving patients bias the results? Drug And Alcohol Dependence 2013 ;Volum 127.(1-3) s. 187-192
- Gjelsvik B, Heyerdahl F, Hawton K.. Deliberate self-poisoning with prescribed drugs is not related to medical severity of acts. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013 Jun;74(6):630. doi: 10.4088/JCP.12l08298.
Core Facility for preclinical imaging (MRI and IVIS). What services can we offer?
Feb 21, 2017
Defining the role of tumor-secreted exosomes in pre-metastatic niche formation
Feb 21, 2017
Arne Klungland talks about embryo research
Feb 21, 2017
Department of Acute Medicine
Reply to "Letter in response to efficiency of acidemia correction on intermittent versus continuous hemodialysis in acute methanol poisoning"
Clin Toxicol (Phila), 55 (4), 306-307
[No title available]
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen, 137 (2), 113-116