The Core Facility Advisory Board
A core facility advisory board ("Fagråd for kjernefasiliteter") has been established in order to audit and evaluate the services provided by the regional core facilities affiliated with Oslo University Hospital (OUH). In addition to keeping a general overview, the council will work for better solutions and a better use of resources for existing core facilities in addition to facilitate establishment and operation of new facilities. The council will also give advice to the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority regarding the annual applications and funding process.
The core facility advisory board was established in June 2012 and consists of representatives from relevant hospital divisions and the University of Oslo (UoO). In the period 2015-2017 the following representatives will constitute the advisory board:
- Benedicte Lie (chair), Department of Medical Genetics, Division of Diagnostics and Intervention (OUH)
- Bente Halvorsen, Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Transplantation (OUH)
- Ivar Sjaastad, Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Division of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Diseases (OUH)
- Odd Stokke Gabrielsen, Department of Biosciences, (UoO)
- Jens Petter Berg, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Division of Diagnostics and Intervention (OUH)
- Harald Stenmark, Institute for Cancer Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Transplantation (OUH)
Jørgen Aarøe (Unit for Research, Innovation and Education, OUH) is coordinator for the council. The council reports to the hospitals research committee (Forskningsutvalget).